Privacy Notice – Biologics by McKesson
Effective Date: October 31, 2019
At Biologics by McKesson (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that health plans or payers, healthcare providers, patients, pharmaceutical or drug manufacturers, and employees place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors and regular users of the Biologics by McKesson site about the purposes for which McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we’re using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using our site, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this site or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to this Biologics by McKesson site (https://www.biologics.mckesson.com/). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, subdomains and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy notices and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use our Biologics by McKesson site, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Name and Initials
- Contact Information
- Business telephone number
- Business electronic mail address
- User Behavioral Information
- User’s browser type, Device/User activity (such as login-logout info, sites/pages visited, number of visits, click stream, navigation, beacon signal hits, errors, crash rate or other user activities)
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about our products and services. These technologies include the following:
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We and our subsidiaries, business partners, marketing partners, affiliates or other service providers may also use technologies such as scripts, server logs and tags. These technologies are used to perform data analysis and audits and to analyze trends. We may receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- We also use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store content information and preferences. Third parties whom we partner with to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
These technologies are used to perform data analysis and audits and to analyze trends. We may receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies from Google Analytics on an individual as well as aggregated basis. To learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, click here. If you want to opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics, click here.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ”Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This site or service is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Lead generation
- Sales leads
- Reporting or data analytics services
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- Biologics at McKesson does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
McKesson may also need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through our Biologics by McKesson site will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may contact us to correct, update, amend or request deletion of your personal information through your account representative or through the email or mailing address listed in the Contact Information section below.
Access to Personal Information
You may request that your information be updated by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (”HIPAA”)
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
To the extent that we are functioning as a HIPAA covered entity, a Notice of Privacy Practices will be provided to you or made available to you.
Social Media Connection
Our website may include seals, buttons and content links to other companies (for example, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram). These features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. When you use a link to go from www.biologics.mckesson.com to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of each website you visit.
This website is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through the Biologics by McKesson website.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, Biologics by McKesson)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329