CARY, N.C., Dec.5, 2023—Biologics by McKesson, an independent specialty pharmacy specializing in oncology and rare disease, was selected by SpringWorks Therapeutics as a limited distribution specialty pharmacy for OGSIVEO™ (nirogacestat), which is a gamma secretase inhibitor indicated for adult patients with progressing desmoid tumors who require systemic treatment.
OGSIVEO, which was approved on Nov. 27, 2023, by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) based on response data from the DeFi trial, is an oral, selective, small molecule gamma secretase inhibitor for the treatment of adult patients with progressing desmoid tumors. OGSIVEO is the first drug to be approved for this rare type of non-cancerous tumor. Also referred to as aggressive fibromatosis, desmoid tumors are locally invasive, slow growing soft tissue tumors. Although considered benign because of their inability to metastasize, desmoid tumors can cause significant morbidity and occasionally mortality in patients.
“OGSIVEO provides a new therapy option for patients impacted by desmoid tumors, which is a unique, rare, and sometimes unpredictable disease,” said Ela Lourido, vice president and general manager, Specialty Pharmacy Solutions, McKesson. “Biologics is honored to be chosen as a specialty pharmacy provider by SpringWorks to offer this important medication to patients who need it.”
Biologics specialty pharmacy is committed to and recognized for its level of customer service as well as its innovative, high-touch and multidisciplinary patient-centric approach. Each team includes pharmacists with in-depth knowledge of therapies, experienced nurses, and financial counselors who are familiar with various financial assistance programs and organizations that help patients.
OGSIVEO™ is a trademark of SpringWorks Therapeutics Inc.
About Biologics by McKesson
Biologics by McKesson is an independent specialty pharmacy with more than 25 years of experience connecting patients to life-changing medications in oncology and other rare and complex therapeutic areas. Built on the foundation of deep clinical expertise and a high-touch approach to patient care, Biologics delivers seamless access and personalized engagement, so patients get the most out of the care they receive. As a business within McKesson Corporation, Biologics harnesses unparalleled reach and connectivity across the healthcare system to connect the dots between payers, providers, and biopharma, so together, they can deliver better care and outcomes for every patient.
About McKesson Oncology and Specialty Solutions
It’s an unprecedented time for patients living with cancer as life sciences companies race to create new, cutting-edge therapies. With cancer care becoming more targeted, providers, life sciences companies, and payers face a multitude of challenges and complexity in the development of new treatments and making them accessible to patients in need. At McKesson, our unmatched portfolio of oncology businesses and partners provide research, insights, technologies, and services that are helping to address these hurdles and improve cancer and specialty care.
- McKesson is fueling discovery by helping patients participate in cutting-edge clinical trials closer to home through the joint venture between US Oncology Research and Sarah Cannon Research Institute.
- The US Oncology Network and McKesson Provider Solutions are advancing specialty care and high-quality cancer care in the communities where patients live by supporting the practices of thousands of independent, community-based providers.
- Ontada®, a McKesson business dedicated to oncology, generates real-world data (RWD) and real-world evidence (RWE), and provides clinical education and provider technology to inform and improve cancer care.
- As one of the largest distributors of oncology and specialty medicines, we are ensuring medicines make their way to those who are counting on them.
- And through CoverMyMeds, Biologics by McKesson, and GPO services, our work continues to help patients access, afford, and adhere to their medicines.